Summer Student Position: Administrative Assistant
NOTE: This role is part of the NS Student Summer SKILLS Incentive Program. Please Review the Requirements listed near the bottom of this Job Description before applying.
As the Administrative Assistant you report to the Pastor of Business Operations. Your main functions are to assist the staff with clerical work, interact with visitors/members, and assist various volunteer department heads with summer programs or preparations for fall. Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Communications and social media. Event Planning, bookings, and arrangements. Organizing.
- Moderate Design work. Purchasing of supplies and equipment. Office Reception.
- Assisting various department heads as needed. Researching and Applying for Grants.
- You will champion one major project throughout the summer: Working with the head of our kids department, you will oversee completion of a fun and exciting re-design of our kids space.
Requirements: Must be either:
- A Grade 12 graduate who has been accepted into a full-time university / community college program for the upcoming fall semester.
- Or attending a university / community college full-time and returning to the same institution full-time, for the upcoming fall semester.
- Or, attending university / community college full-time and transferring to another for full-time studies in the Fall.
Additional Requirements: Candidates must also have been a permanent resident of NS for at least 6 months prior to the start of this work term, and cannot be related to any of the following: Immediate and extended family members of the organizations contact or alternate, chairperson of the organizations board, organization’s staff, spouse/partners/common-law, ward, guardian, niece/nephew, and/or in-law of the above persons.
Confirmation of enrollment from the University / College will be required before the work term begins.
The Ideal Candidate: Is personable, hardworking, able to work independently, able to use design software, and has competent verbal and writing skills. (One specific trait we’re looking for is: Someone who doesn’t need instruction on what to do every moment of the day, but can identify what needs to be done and can prioritize their responsibilities).
Compensation: Pay is $11.50/hr. 35 hours per week for 14 weeks: May 28th – Aug. 31st
Please apply with resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Halifax and the World
Faith Tabernacle Church
6225 Summit St.
Halifax, NS B3L1R6
Sundays at 10:30AM